The iOS 9 Jailbreak Is Now Available
The iOS 9 untethered jailbreak for iPhone and iPad has finally appeared four months after the iOS 9 was released to developers. It is released by a Chinese research team called Pangu, the same team who brought us the iOS 8 jailbreak. The jailbreak tool is only available for Windows for the time being, but an OS X version will likely be available for Mac users in the future.
Pangu is compatible with all iPhone, iPad and iPod touch models on iOS 9 – iOS 9.0.2:
- iPhone 6s Plus/6s, iPhone 6 Plus/6, iPhone 5s/5c/5, iPhone 4s
- iPad 2/3/4, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad mini, iPad mini 2/3/4
- iPod touch (fifth and sixth generations)
Important things to check before iOS 9 jailbreak:
- Back up your iOS device data through iTunes before attempting to jailbreak. You could probably encounter various issues or errors that could result in data loss or corruption. To recover lost data on iPhone/iPad/iPod, you can use iPhone Data Recovery.
- Make sure you are running iOS 9. This jailbreak works for any iPhone, iPad or iPod touch that is running iOS 9.
Now let’s move on to the step-by-step instructions on how to jailbreak iOS 9 with Pangu.
- Backup your device and connect it to computer via the USB cable.
- Disable Find My iPhone via Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone.
- Disable Passcode and Touch ID via Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.
- Turn on Airplane mode via Control Center
- Download the Pangu jailbreak tool for iOS 9 and launch it on computer.
- Click on the “Start” button to start the Pangu jailbreak. And you will see a pop-up soon, then click on “Already Backup” when it shows up.
- Your iPhone will reboot and you will be asked to put your iPhone back into the Airplane mode. Once you do this, the jailbreaking process will continue.
- Later on, the Pangu tool will request you to open the Pangu app on iPhone’s Home Screen.
- When you run Pangu on iPhone, it will ask to be allowed to access your Photo Library. Accept it and let it continue the process. Tap on “OK” when you see the message saying “Pangu Would Like to Access Your Photos” pop up.
- Then your iPhone will reboot again. Once it is done, disable Airplane mode and run the Cydia app. Then your iPhone is smoothly jailbroken. You can install and enjoy the jailbreaks tweaks
After jailbreaking your iPhone, you are able to install unapproved third-party apps, tweaks, mods, custom themes, utilities and other content- called “packages” – from Cydia, an unofficial App Store for jailbroken devices. This is only the first public untethered jailbreak for iOS 9, we will continue to update the article as more tweaks are updated for the new jailbreak.
Cool tips for you: How to Restore A Jailbroken iPhone