How to Share Photos with iCloud Photo Sharing
iCloud Photo Sharing, a built-in service to every iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch running iOS 8 or later, makes taking pictures and sharing a collection of photos with friends or family much easier. To be more specific, you are now able to create a shared album that everyone could view and you can even invite people to not only view it, but actually add photos to it. Besides, you can get access to the photos on all of your devices and any changes created will be quickly synced across all devices. It is really amazing, right? We’ve gathered up some important information about iCloud Photo Sharing from the Apple Support website. Now let’s take an in-depth look at how exactly this iCloud Photo Sharing works.
How to Set Up iCloud Photo Sharing
- iOS Device (iOS 9 or iOS 8): Go to Settings > iCloud > Photos and turn on iCloud Photo Sharing.
- Mac: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences > Click on iCloud, then select Photos > Turn on Photo Sharing in Aperture: select Aperture > Preference > click iCloud then select Photo Sharing.
- Apple TV: Go to Settings > iCloud > iCloud Photos Settings and turn on Photo Sharing.
- Windows PC: Download and install iCloud for Windows. Open iCloud for Windows (or iCloud Control Panel) and select Photos. Click on the Options button to make sure that iCloud Photo Sharing is on. If not, then enable it and click Apply when you’re done.
How to Create A Shared Album
- iOS Device (iOS 9 or iOS 8)
Step 1: Go to Photos > Tap Shared at the bottom of the screen > Select Sharing at the top and choose New Shared Album. If you don’t have any shared albums yet, tap Shared at the bottom of the screen and click on Create New Album.
Step 2: Enter a name of your shared album, and then tap Next.
Step 3: Now you can invite the people you want to share photos with by entering his e-mail address or select from the Contacts. Click on + button and then tap Create.
Step 4: To let others view your shared album on web, tap on the album in the Shared Albums list, select People, then turn on Public Website. You can share the album’s web address to friends by taping on Share Link.
Step 1: Launch the Photos app, select the photos that you want to share. Then click on Share button > Select iCloud Photo Sharing > Click New Shared Album
Step 2: Create a name for the shared album > Type the email-addresses of the people you want to share the album with. But make sure they are using the e-mail addresses associated with their iCloud account.
Step 3: Click Create
- Windows Computer
Step 1: Select iCloud Photos under Favorites in a folder window of File Explorer (Windows 8) or Windows Explorer (Windows 7).
Step 2: Select New Shared Album in the toolbar.
Step 3: Invite people to subscribe by entering their email address, then name your new shared album.
Step 4: Select the public website option to let others to view your shared stream on web. Then click Next and click “Choose photos or videos” to add photos or videos to the album. Finally, click on Done.
How to Add Photos to A Shared Album
- iOS 9 or iOS 8 Device
Go to Photos > Tap Shared > tap Sharing button > Select the album you want to add to, then tap the Add button > Choose and tap the photos you want to add, then tap Done.
Launch the Photos app > Select Sharing on the toolbar > Select an album to add photos to > Tap on Add Photos and Videos > Select the desired photo and click on Add.
- Windows Computer
Sep 1: Select iCloud Photos under Favorites in a folder window of File Explorer (Windows 8) or Windows Explorer (Windows 7).
Step 2: Double-click the shared album you want to add photos to > Click on “Add photos or videos” in the toolbar.
Step 3: You will see a pop-up, do either of the following: Drag pictures to the dialog from another window or click “Choose photos or videos”.
Step 4: Click Done.
What Else You Can Do with iCloud Photos Sharing?
- You can leave comments and like photos from your shared album.
- You can deleted photos, videos, and comments from a shared album
- You can stop sharing an album and delete it at any time.
- You can remove subscriber to your album at any time.
- You can even save the photo wanted by taping the photo and select Save Image.
Once set up, your friends and family will be able to share photos and videos with you can comment on any files you’ve uploaded to the shared album. Now, go start streaming and have fun!
More Related Articles: